When’s the last time you did something for the first time?
Local activities and fun things to do!
Reveling in the outdoors is a No. 1 priority here, with the glorious Columbia River Gorge or the Mt. St. Helens Volcano just next door (with on-site naturalists leading private tours). And things don’t slow down in the winter, when activities include snowshoeing, skiing, hiking or sitting in front of an old fashioned wood burning fireplace. Take a peek at this month’s activities in beautiful Cowlitz County, a tourist’s nirvana,!
Less than 30 minute drives are:
- Cedar Creek Grist Mill is only authentic working mill and sits aside the only covered bridge in \SW Washington
- Mount St Helens and the surrounding parks, trails and lakes are unique in the world!
- Here to hike? Then check out Guided Personal Adventures and BEST HIKES IN MT ST HELENS AREA!
- A zip-line to die for!!!
- GEOCACHING is a grand family experience.
- This link takes you to wineries and brew pubs!
- Columbia, Lewis and Kalama River fishing or rafting
- Fort Vancouver, Ape Caves– (Mt St Helens Lava Tubes), Portland Zoo, OMSI and fascinating salmon hatcheries
- Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge with approximately 5300 acres with a tour from your car!
- Halloween Town is an annual 30 day festival of fun and tomfoolery… it’s for the big and little kids in all of us!
- Woodland Motocross Woodland mx is a well established track 20 minutes from Mapleridge.
- Mt St Helens Institute and MapleRidge House are partners to provide Personal Guided Experiences all four seasons!
HIKING, ECOTOURING, GEOCACHING AND CLIMBING
Here to explore the volcano? Mount St. Helens Institute and MapleRidge House offer all ages year-long guided experiences . Winter trips include snowshoe excursions to icy waterfalls. Summer brings trips to the summit, Crater Glacier, and even inside the crater. In the fall we head to the forest to teach mushroom identification.
This link will take you to the world famous Fort Vancouver National Historic Site
Need up to date real time info on any specific trail you want to explore? Here’s the TREAD app download site!
If all this fails to inspire, have you tried GEOCACHING??
For real-time information our Tourism Bureau is ready to help!
Guided Salmon, Steelhead and Sturgeon Fishing
Fish with friends and family on the Lewis and Columbia River. Experience fishing for Salmon, Steelhead and Sturgeon. Spouses and kids are especially welcome!
An option equally good is Northwest Fishing Guides…~ask for Casey, tell these two great guides Tim sent you!
Have your catch packaged and shipped home by nearby experts!
DINING, COFFEE KLATCHING, ENTERTAINMENT
Foodies will love the custom roast MAPLERIDGE HOUSE Honduran coffee from LUCKMAN COFFEE COMPANY in nearby Woodland – visit them for a lovely handmade sandwich and an artisan cup of coffee from their worldly selection!
Here is a link to the Ten Best Places To Eat in the MapleRidge area.
Golfing Near MapleRidge House
Lewis River Golf Course has a combination of indoor and outdoor event sites make Lewis River Golf Course a perfect choice for special events of all kinds from corporate outings and workshops to reunions, banquets, weddings and receptions. We are proud of our partnership with Lewis River Golf, a scenic 15 minutes from MapleRidge House!
Go HERE for a list of the ten highest ranked golf courses near MapleRidge House!